Monday, April 4, 2016

April at WVRA = Where do our ideas Spring from? #Romance

A question that writers hear a lot is, "Where do all your ideas come from?"

Like each writer asked, the answer will be completely unique.

***


Spring has sprung, yet Mother Nature is still pulling an April Fool's Day prank.

It's snowing in New York.



Thinking back on my childhood, I was very lucky.

I didn't listen to just one kind of music, I listened to many.

I didn't watch one type of TV show or movie, I watched everything I could.

And, I didn't read only one genre of book. I read them all.

Being exposed to so many wonderful songs and stories I think helped my imagination soar.


At times it soars too much. My imagination runs pretty much 24/7/365.

But, for storytelling, it's awesome. I can hear the lyrics from a song, see a photograph, or read a magazine article, and make up stories.

In my head, I've re-written movie endings and book story lines, if I thought I could do it better.


The entire fictional town and family of Maguire's Corner was created after I saw a road sign on my way home.

And, since inspiration can spring from just about anywhere at anytime, I carry a notebook and pen with me everywhere I go.

Where do your ideas Spring from?


No comments:

Post a Comment