Monday, March 28, 2016

I'm a Morning Writer, sort of... by Tracey Lyons

I'm a morning writer, sort of. I must confess when I see the morning sunlight streaming in through my bedroom window my first thought isn't "Hey, let's rise and shine!" Oh, no. I pull the blankets over my head and roll over.
Maybe I should call myself a before noon writer. I do have some must-haves to keep me motivated during my writing time. I have a home office. This is my third relocation, but by far my favorite spot. Situated right outside my bedroom door, I only have to tumble out of bed and I'm at my desk in seconds.
Then I have my wall of book covers. These remind me of my successes.
There are two of my favorite photos that inspire me. The one from my first Romantic Times book signing in 2000. Here I'm with the fabulously talented Thea Devine. A new fan. And long time author friend and signing buddy Sharon Schulze.
And the photo that always makes me smile. The one from the Chatham Book Store signing where my book is featured right next to  Bill Clinton's.
Lastly, I have a beautiful lead crystal, cut-glass paper weight that my Aunt Jean gave to me before she died, right before the release of my third novel. This reminds me that life is short and of how lucky I am to have been blessed with the talent to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment