Monday, June 27, 2016

Anticipation....The First Kiss.

Now I know you all remember your first kiss. I know I do. And my first kisser shall remain nameless. Suffice it to say the good news is I still remember the person, and the setting! 

I think we can all agree we've seen hundreds of first kisses on the big screen. Memorable first kiss movies-for my generation, who can forget Ryan O'Neal and Allie McGraw as Oliver Barrett and Jenny Cavilleri in Love Story. Or how about Bridget Jones Diary? And I love Hope Floats with Harry Connick Jr and Sandra Bullock.  

I could name thousands of great first kiss moments from books I've read! I think what appeals to us with first kisses is the anticipation leading up to the event. It's a dance of sorts. The heroes in the books or movies usually go out of their way to entice the heroine. Sometimes with silly antics other times using more heroic tactics. The heroine for the most part is usually not impressed and then slowly comes around. Or it could be the first unexpected scene where no one sees that kiss coming that hooks us. As readers we know we want that first kiss to lead to bigger things. In a high heat romance it could be a full on love scene or in sweeter books a tender moment that leads to lasting love.

How ever you like them, be they fictional or for real, first kisses are our first hint of what falling in love could be like. What's your favorite first kiss scene from a book or movie? Or do you have a first kiss memory of your own that you'd like to share? If so please feel free to comment below! 
***** 
Tracey's new book A Changed Agent will be releasing on 
July 19th. 
Waterfall Press is doing a 100 copy ebook giveaway of A Changed Agent click here to enter. Giveaway signup ends on July 18, 2016.

3 comments:

  1. I can't think of a first kiss scene to share even though I've read plenty. All I can say is there's usually vampires or werewolves involved. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia,
      I love first kiss scenes in romantic suspense novels. I haven't read a vampire or werewolf book in a long time. Maybe it's time I picked one up!

      Delete