Monday, November 23, 2015

Share a Holiday Recipe!

There's always that one recipe that is only made during the holidays.
Life is hectic. Kids grow. Families spread out and get busy with everyday events that tend to keep us from the dinner table. In my house, Sunday is usually the day I can get the four of us together for a meal. During the week, most meals are something that's easily made and is quick.
But during the holidays, the dishes require time and patience. Have you ever noticed that on a holiday, cooking seems to take a lot longer?
The turkey goes in the oven first. While it cooks, the side dishes are created and waiting in the wings for their turn to make the house smell wonderful. The one holiday I enjoy cooking for is Thanksgiving. I get up early, prepare the turkey and shove it in the oven. I used to make the side dishes after I got the turkey started, but I've learned to spread this task out. Now I prepare the sides the day before, refrigerate them and as soon as the turkey is done, I slide them in the oven. All the mixing and mess happened on Wednesday, leaving me more time to enjoy the parade on TV.
When I was younger, I loved watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I used to sit there thinking, "One day I'm going to go there and watch it in person."
I outgrew that fantasy. I'm not one for big crowds, the cold, or not being able to see it all. I'm short. A tall person in front of me would block my view. LOL. It's so much more fun to sit in the comfort of home, with the smell of turkey in the air and a cup of coffee in hand.
I'm sharing one of my families favorites that is usually only prepared on a holiday.
If it was up to my husband and daughter, they'd eat this everyday. It's their all time favorite dish.

Sweet Potato Casserole

Ingredients:
3 cups of mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup of milk
½ cup of butter



Mix:
Potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla & milk. Add melted butter. Pour into a casserole dish.

Topping Ingredients:
1/3 cup of flour
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup softened butter

Mix:
Combine brown sugar and flour. Add softened butter until it becomes a crumbly mixture, then add nuts. Mix well.  Sprinkle on top of casserole.

Bake:
350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.


Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
Share your favorite recipe please. I'm always looking for something good to try.
Tara Nina
Hot Romance~Sexy Attitude
https://taranina.com
https://www.facebook.com/TaraNinaAuthor



No comments:

Post a Comment